You always know when you are looking through a window, or through a glass door, don’t you? Most of the time, it’s because we notice the marks and smudges on the window. However, we all know of those few occasions when some windows or patio doors are so clean, they seem to be nonexistent! How many of you have seen your cat or dog make a bid for the garden only to bounce back off of the glass patio door (or is that just me?!), or seen a poor bird fly into the window. And be honest, how many times have you banged your own head thinking a window was open?!
Clean windows can really refresh the way your home feels. It seems so much more light pours into your room, and the whole impact of your windows or doors is magnified somehow within that room.
It seems many of us have our own unique cleaning routines and even our own unique cleaning products. All of which our respondents claim provide some stunning results.
So here we go, try these out yourself, and let us know what you think. Of course if you have your own window cleaning secret then let us know. So, in no particular order:
- Lemon juice mixed with warm water – wipe with paper
- Windolene spray – wipe with micro-cloth
- Hot soapy water for PVCu windows
- Silicone spray for composite doors
- Vinegar mixed with warm water
- Simply avoid cloths – use a proper hand held window washer, scraper and wiper
- Baking soda on damp warm sponge
- Mixture of 1/3 white vinegar, 1/3 non-sudsy ammonia and 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol. Mix with water in a spray bottle.
- Wash one side with horizontal strokes and the other with vertical strokes – should show up any streaks
- Wash with a circular motion, but dry in straight lines
- Don’t know – I get a window cleaner in
Keep us posted
So there you have it, some top tips from our Twitter followers and Facebook fans. Let us know if you try any of these out and how successful they were for you. Obviously, if you have your own unique way or formula, then why not share it with us.